3 Nephi 5:13

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." - 3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, December 26, 2011

week 44 - Joyeux Noël!

I don't have much time and I already talked with Mom, Dad, Allyson, Eric, Greg and Brittany on Saturday, so this will be really short. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! Our's was good! We had German pancakes, did our studies, then went to sacrament meeting where the first counselor and brach president both gave wonderful talks about the symbols we find in christmas and then eating from the bread of life each day - partaking of Christ's atonement. None of our amis came, but there were 3 other investigators who came with the famille Kokesha! Their oldest daugher and their two nephews. They're such a kind a sweet family from Africa. We are hoping to fix a rendez-vous soon with their friends who came to the baptism. After church we made Chinese food, since Soeur Creager has it each year with her family. We then opened presents. Thanks mom and dad for all you sent me! Mom that was so sweet of you to send the sweater, I forgot how pretty it was. Soeur Creager had wrapped all of my presents, so she made me open that one in the morning so that I could were it yesterday. We then went to dinner with the family Tannacher and were able to see François again (soeur Tannacher is his daughter and he was also with us on Christmas Eve at the famille Vauzelle's (Frère Vauzelle is his son-in-law)). He just can't get away from us!
I told Mom and Dad and everyone else who was on skype on Saturday that we have been playing secret santa for the members. It has been the funnest thing and there is so much joy in serving others. It has been amazing though to see how the Lord intervene's even in a little thing like this. It's hard to get into people's apartment buildings, but everytime we have stopped by someone's home, another person happens to come in or out of the building, or the door just happens to be open, which usually never happes. I know that the Lord will help us serve others, because they are also his children and he loves us all.

I love you!

Bisous, Soeur Reeves

No comments:

Post a Comment