3 Nephi 5:13

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." - 3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, August 15, 2011

Week 25

Bonjour à tous!

First things first, Happy Birthday mom!!!! I'm glad you got your book and that you and dad really liked it, it was fun as everyone emailed back and forth to share memories, there were definitely some where I couldn't help but laugh. That's fun that Jen and Nyall are living with you. How fun that so many missionaries will be coming to your home coming, I'm sure they're all so excited to see you.

J'ai des nouvelles..............Claire, Grace et Darius ont tous accepté de se faire baptiser le 28 aout!!!!!!!!
I know that's in French, but I'm sure you can guess what it means, yes, a family is getting baptized! They weren't at all hesitant when we extended the commitment, right away Claire said, "Yes we want to be baptized!" I was a little confused by Grace's response since she had told me at church that she wants to be baptized, because she then said, "But I have already been baptized." Claire than told her that it wasn't done with priesthood authority. She's understanding everything so well! When we went to see them on Saturday we walked into their home and Claire and Grace were reading from the Gospel Principles book and then looking up the scriptures as they read! She said it has helped her understand better. Claire's husband also came to church again! He has never been there for our lessons, but we're going to ask Claire if he is at all interested in taking the lessons. Yesterday in Sacrament meeting all of the talks were about the temple, and in Relief Society the lesson was on eternal families, I know that Claire really liked it. Grace asked me what we do at the temple and then Claire told her she can go and be baptized for her sister; she thought it was neat too that everyone dresses in white when they're in the temple.
I forgot to mention that we have a new ward mission leader and he has done an awesome job at getting the ward involved! He sends out emails to all of the ward members letting them know when we have lessons and then members call him to let him know if they're available. So many people replied, it was great! He also sends out emails with names of amis and less-actives that the members can pray for. I think we will really start to see a difference with members getting involved, and I'm very excited.
We also went to a funeral a week and a half ago for a recent convert who passed away. I actually never got to meet him, but the sisters baptized him about a year ago. His daughter had our number and called us to invite us to the funeral. When we went she asked if we were the people who teach the missionary lessons and told us that her dad had two copies of the Book of Mormon. Thankfully we had brought one for her along with a DVD and a Plan of Salvation brochure. She was very excited and said she will call us, she hasn't yet, so we are going to try and get ahold of her this week, but she obviously saw a difference in her dad's life and it has made her interested.
Sorry I don't have anymore time, but I love you all! I'm so excited for you Ryan and I'm glad you have such a great companion. You're lucky to have hot and humid weather. Here in Paris it's been pretty wet and cold, I think autumn is coming a little early.
Thank you all for your love and support, I'm grateful I have this time to devote all of my life to the Lord.

Bisous, Soeur Reeves

No comments:

Post a Comment