3 Nephi 5:13

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." - 3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, August 29, 2011

Week 27

Bonjour ma famille!

Thank you all for your emails it was fun to hear from many of you! Julie and Brett, Andrew is adorable and Lindsey has gotten so big! Allyson I can't believe you're leaving to Jerusalem tomorrow!

Well.........Claire, Grace and Darius were all baptized!!!! It was wonderful, it was right after church so almost the whole ward was there! Claire's husband came and after I said, "Are you next?" He said, "Well, I'm not here all of the time (He works in Lyon for 2 to 4 weeks at a time) but when I'm here I'll come to church. And I still need to learn more." I agreed with him that he needs to gain his own testimony, but hopefully when he comes back from Lyon we can start teaching him. Claire's nephew also came and loved it. He has been there for the past few lessons and told us he wants to get baptized, but he of course needs to talk with his mom (he is only 11, and his mom works on Sundays, but he is able to come with Claire). We shall see what happens. Claire was sooooo happy during and afterward. I asked her how she felt and she said, "Light. It feels like all of this weight has been lifted off of me." I loved seeing all of them dressed in white. Darius was the first to be baptized and it was so cute, because all of the primary children were right up against the glass with their faces smashed against it and after he was baptized all of the little boys asked, "How was it Darius!? Was it good?" or in French, "C'était bien Darius?! C'était bien?!" I asked Grace how she felt and she's still somewhat timid, but she said it was good. Thankfully the other young women have been very welcoming and friendly toward her.
We had training at multi-zone conference this last week which I always love! We are working on accomplishing our mission goals and the assistants talked about praying and asking the Lord to help us see his vision for ourselves. Just like Nephi. After hearing his father recount his dream he believed him but he wanted to see it for himself. He prayed to the Lord and did see it, but he then asked for the interpretation of the dream and saw and learned even more than his father had.
We also finished teaching Claire and her family the ten commandments and we committed them to respect them and of course they all said yes, but then our relief society president (who came to teach with us that day) said something that really hit me. She told them to remember to keep the commandments out of love for the Lord and not because of fear. Yes we are taught to be a God fearing people, but even more than that we are taught to LOVE our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Christ said, "If ye love me, keep my commandments." I had never really thought that deeply about it. Truly most of my life I often did what was right because I was afraid of getting in trouble. But now I realize I should do what's right to show God that I love him and I want him to be pleased with me.
I know that when we keep the commandments and do what's right we will be blessed and we are happy! (Mosiah 2:41)

I love you all!
Bisous, Soeur Reeves

No comments:

Post a Comment