3 Nephi 5:13

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." - 3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, September 5, 2011

Week 28

Salut!

Allyson I can't believe you're in Jerusalem! and Jaclyn too! That's so exciting, you'll have to send me pictures. Mom and Dad that's so exciting that you'll be able to go to Spain with the Taylor's! I can't believe Christian is getting back tomorrow and that all of the other boys from my Sunday school class have gotten home too. You'll have to tell them all hello.
Ryan that's awesome about the Chinese man and his wife and you other investigators! I hope they end up getting baptized. That's been one of the hardest things for me is when you're preparing someone for baptism and then they dissappear, but that doesn't always happen and after it does the Lord blesses you with a miracle, if you have done all that you can.
We had a long week full of contacting, but it was good, and we got 6 new investigators! Three of which are a family. Soeur Carter and I went through our entire area book and made of a list of former investigators to visit and potentials to call and we found Marie-Louise. She has four children and her two oldest daughters are, I believe, 11 and 15. They were all very nice and we weren't sure if they were going to let us in, because the last sisters wrote that two years ago, Marie-Louise wasn't intersted at all. Oh, and miracle too, we didn't know her number, only her address and when we got to her apartment building it's only last names on the sonneries and we didn't know her last name. I thought that we should just turn around, but Soeur Carter said that we should try a few of the names. We said a prayer and then pressed a random button, the woman came out and said that she didn't know Marie-Louise. We then remembered that Marie-Louise is African so we looked at all of the names that looked African, and the first one we pressed was hers! They let us in and we got to no them. She doesn't remember anything that the sisters taught her 3 years ago, so we're going to teach the restoration next time. She asked when our church was, but sadly she works every Sunday, but she said that maybe her husband can bring the children to church. I hope so! On verra. I know it was the Lord that helped us find her apartment, and made sure we came at the time we did, because she had just gotten home from work.
We also have Aicha, I can't remember if I told you about her. She is the woman I contacted on the street 2 months ago and was really excited to meet with us but went on vacation during that whole time. We met with her now though, and she had a lot of questions because she has been meeting with the Jehovah's Witnesses for the past year, but she hasn't gotten baptized yet because she said she feels like there's something more. She really liked our message and she's very excited to read the Book of Mormon. We gave her the soft committment to baptism and she said, but I don't even know anything, we reminded her that our question was, "When you receive a response that our message is true will you prepare yourself to be baptized?" not "Will you get baptized tomorrow?" She then said, "Of course." I'm so excited to keep teaching her! The only hard thing is that all of our knew amis can either only meet once a week or once every two weeks. We also have Chantal and Rose, they are both so sweet and we gave Chantal the soft committement as well, she was soooo sweet and kind. Rose has gone through a lot of trials, so we talked about the atonement and at the end of our lesson she just started crying. She really wants to read the Book of Mormon because she said she feels like it can give her a lot of support and peace in her life. I'm so grateful for the Lord's help in finding these people and hope that we can keep finding them.
Claire, Grace, and Darius all received the gift of the Holy Ghost yesterday! Claire bore her testimony afterward and told about her whole conversion experience, from her daughter's passing, and becoming Christian to running into missionaries. It was so sweet she told how the Chinese elders had given us her number and that she realized how much we cared about her and sharing our message with her because even when she would use excuses to not meet with us we would call back. I'm grateful that she saw that in us. She touched a lot of members from sharing her testimony. I'm so excited for her and her family; her husband even looked up the address of the church in Lyon so that he can go while he is there! I hope he goes.
Thank you all for your love and support! I love this work and I know it's the Lord's work!

Bisous, Soeur Reeves

No comments:

Post a Comment