3 Nephi 5:13

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." - 3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, September 12, 2011

Week 29 - New Amis

Salut!

Thank you Mom, Dad, Jessica, and Mike for your emails! It's always fun to hear from you! I forgot to mention that two weeks ago we had transfers, and as you can probably guess, since I didn't say anything about moving I am still here in Nogent!

Happy Birthday last week to Madeline! and Kate this week!
Allyson I don't know if I have mentioned but two different African men have come up to me while I was at the visitor's center and they were both confused when the looked at me, apparently they both danced with you while you were here attending institute! Haha! Cola told me to tell you Hi!

We had a good week! A little tough, but we keep going, we got 3 new amis! It's funny we have a bunch of new investigators but most can only meet on the weekends. Last Monday we were here doing our emails and a man was sitting next to me and my companion. His cane fell down so I picked it up for him and then he just stared at me! I wasn't sure why so I turned back to my computer to keep typing. He then tapped my arm and pointed to his computer screen. He had written "Soeur Reeves Neuilly" on Google search (Neuilly is the city we were in). I then said, "Oh, I'm a sister missionary!" and pointed to my tag. I then asked him if he had ever heard of L'Eglise de Jésus-Christ Des Saints Des Derniers Jours. I then realized he couldn't talk. He then started typing on his keyboard to communicate with us. We told him who we were and what we do and he asked if he could come to church. We then got his information and set up a rendez-vous. His name is Steve and Soeur Carter and I taught him twice last week. We didn't realize that he can hear, so we had written out some things to show him and we brought a mini white-board to communicate. He then wrote, "I can hear really well." That made things a lot easier. He still uses the white board though to make comments and ask questions. He's really nice and he's started reading the Book of Mormon. We gave him the soft commitment to baptism, but I can tell that we need to move slowly with him and make sure he understands everything clearly and what kind of commitment baptism really is. I'm excited though to keep teaching him and thankfully he is available all the time.
Our other two new amis are Sophie and Amil. I really like them, but we can tell that they're going to progress at different speeds. Sophie is Catholic and her husband, Amil, is Egyptian Orthodox. They want to come to church and Sophie is really excited to read the Book of Mormon!
Last Sunday we had been a little worried about Claire because we have a member who is a little overbearing and has caused some problems in the past with new converts, so when we went to visit Claire this last week we explained everything to her. Thankfully she told us that she immediately knew that nothing the member was saying was true and that we didn't need to worry. She said, "The gospel is perfect! but the members aren't; people aren't perfect." I was so proud of her! I'm so glad she didn't get offended or judge the church because of it. She told us to not worry about her. Claire, Grace and Darius are all doing so well! There was a different feeling in there home and they're understanding things faster and more clearly; I know it's because they now have the gift of the Holy Ghost.
I'm so grateful for the Holy Ghost and I know that he testifies of the truth of all things. I know that if we remain worthy, he will carry the truth of our words into the hearts of those to whom we testify.
I love you all!!!!

Bisous, Soeur Reeves

No comments:

Post a Comment