3 Nephi 5:13

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." - 3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, September 19, 2011

Week 30

Salut!

Happy Birthday Bradley! I can't believe you're 9! Children grow up too quickly. Ryan thanks for your postcard that was very fun to get, ha I don't get letters very often so it's always exciting to receive one. You are an amazing missionary! I love hearing all of your stories, keep up the good work!

We had a great week! Soeur Carter and I ran into Roger again! Last week we challenged a family in our ward to each pray and ask the Lord to give them a missionary opportunity and we promised them that the Lord always gives it to us, but we need to be on the look out and when the opportunity arrives, act. Soeur Carter and I then talked about how we ourselves should be asking the Lord for that; yes, we're missionaries and we have opportunities every day to share the gospel, but sometimes we just go through the same motions and don't ask the Lord specifically what we should do, or to help us recognize those opportunities better. (The key is being specific in our prayers and then following the spirit!) Before we went on that day we prayed and asked the Lord to give us an experience, we then did what we had planned for the day and in the evening decided to try passing by on of the former investigators from our area book. Sadly she wasn't there, but we had decided to do contacting after that and instead of staying in that area we decied to go back to Nogent. We started to walk back toward the gare (train station) and who ran into us?! Roger! He told us he had lost his phone and didn't have our number, so he gave us his new one. He's been reading the Book of Mormon and said he's been anxious to meet with us because he has a lot of questions, he then said that it was by the grace of God that we ran into each other again; which is true! We set up a rendez-vous and we asked him to invite his family as well. He said he'll ask them; I hope they agree. It was set up for today but didn't work out, but hopefully we can fix one for later this week. I'm so grateful we followed the counsel that we gave to our members and I know that the Lord does respond to our prayers.
Today I studied in the scriptures about faith and read Ether 12. I love this chapter! With each of the examples that Moroni gives he points out that there were no miracles or witnesses until after the test of their faith. Then verse 27 talks about our weaknesses can become our strengths if we will humble ourselves before the Lord and have faith in him. I need to do that! There are some areas that I am weak in and I've realized that I need to rely more on the Lord and ask for his help, then I will become strong and see miracles!
I love you all and I know that the Lord responds to our prayers and produces miracles when we have faith and put our trust in him.

Bisous, Soeur Reeves

No comments:

Post a Comment