3 Nephi 5:13

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." - 3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, September 26, 2011

Week 31

Bonjour ma famille,

Comment ça va? Thank you Greg and Brittany for your letter! That was so nice of you and I was excited to receive it!
It was a good week, not a ton of lessons, but we felt like we worked diligently and it went well. We had interviews on Wednesday with President and Soeur Poznanski whom I love! I feel a special conection to them and President Poznanski was so kind in responding to my questions and concerns. Soeur Carter and I have really been trying to work on being worthy of the Spirit and following his promptings and President said that's the most important thing to focus on. If we are worthy of the Holy Ghost that means we are being obedient and we will be guided in all that we do.
On Friday I did worked with the Paris soeurs because Soeur Carter went up to Belguim to get her legality. It was a lot of fun! Soeur Williams and Soeur Smith are both so nice and such good missionaries. We did district contacting that afternoon outside of the George Pompidou center and had big posters up with information about the church. We had lots of copies of the Book of Mormon and we would talk with people about the church and then invite them to come over the Visitor's Center just down the street. Soeur Williams contacted a Portuguese man so we walked to the visitor's center with him to give him a Book of Mormon in Portuguese and while we were there a young French man stopped in front of the door. I said "Bonjour" to him and then told him to come on in. He entered a little hesitantly and told us that he was just walking down the street and stopped when he saw the center. I asked him if he would like to know about our beliefs and if we could take a few minutes to show him around. He said yes! so Soeur Smith and I started with the pictures of Christ and then as we walked around to each picture we pretty much gave him the first lesson. When we got to the picture of Joseph Smith's first vision I recited Joseph Smith's experience in his own words and was just praying that Dan (that's his name) would feel the spirit. He listened really intently. Soeur Smith and I both testified that we know it's true and then I said, "You're probably wondering how we know it's true." We took him to the picture of Christ appearing in the America's and showed him the Book of Mormon. We testified that it is another testament of Jesus Christ and told him that he can know for himself that it is true. We had him read Moroni 10:3-5 and then asked him what he needs to do, he responded "pray." We asked him if he would and he excitedly said, "Yes, yes, I'll read it and pray!" We promised him the he could get an answer and he said, "Yea, okay, okay, I'll read it." It was amazing!!!!!!! He wouldn't give us his number but he asked for ours and said he'd come by another time. I pray that he will. That was definitely one of the highlights for my week!
I know that there are people every where that are ready, but we need to search for them and if we do all that we can we will be lead to them and them to us. I love this work and I'm grateful to be a missionary!

Bisous, Sœur Reeves

No comments:

Post a Comment