3 Nephi 5:13

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." - 3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, November 14, 2011

Week 38

Bon Anniversaire à moi! ;)

Soeur Creager and I went to Centreville today to see all of the adorable buildings and the decorations they're putting up for christmas. Once they have it all up and lit I will take pictures so that you can see what it looks like. We then bought some baguette sandwiches for lunch and then I got a banana nutella crêpe and soeur Creager a gauffre (Belgian waffle). It was fun but I think that's enough nutella for a while. I got to open my presents this morning. Thank you mom and dad for all of the hot chocolat, popcorn, CD's, peanut butter and dryer sheets! Don't worry my christmas presents are still in the bag under my desk.
Joyeux Anniversaire Allyson! I hope you're having a wonderful time in Galilee. Thanks for sharing that story about Dorette. That's so awesome! I love that even though you are not a set apart full-time missionary you are still involved in the Lord's work! Way to go! That's great that the Lord gave you the gift of tongues. It's true that Africans are hard to understand, I had no idea what they were saying when I first got here. It's fine now though.
This week we had the opportunity to have Elder Kopischke at our zone conference. It was wonderful!!! It lasted almost 7 hours! but we had 3 short breaks. The whole thing was in English because he and his wife only speak German and English, so we got to hear President and Soeur Poznanski speak English. I loved there accents and their talks were so powerful. Soeur Poznanski was so sweet and she said to me afterwards that now she knows what we go through every day. It was a very spirit filled meeting. When we got there President Kopischke asked us all of us to write down questions that we had and he promised us that each of us could receive an answer, however we had to listen to the spirit and have the faith that God would respond. He told us to not take minutes or copy down things he was saying, but only take notes on spiritual impressions that came to us. I have never written so many notes before! And I received personal revelation! It was wonderful. The next day in our studies Soeur Creager and I shared with each other some things that we had learned and it was very different yet similar to each other. That was a great learning experience for me. Elder Kopischke wants us to focus on teaching our investigators how to receive personal revelation. When we invite and commit them to come to church, read their scriptures or pray we should tell them to do it with a written down question and promise them that they can receive an answer. Why else read your scriptures, pray or go to church? It gives them a good reason to do those things and teaches them how to communicate with Heavenly Father.

I don't have much time left but I wanted to tell you that the family Kadou that Soeur Woodruff and I taught right before leaving Versailles got baptized! As well as Regna and her daughters! It's great when other missionaries keep working with those people and you see seeds that you planted sprout and grow.

Bisous,

Soeur Reeves

No comments:

Post a Comment