3 Nephi 5:13

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." - 3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, June 11, 2012

week 68 - faith and diligence produces miracles

Ma chère famille,

Happy Birthday to Lyla and Tyler this week! (I hope I have the dates right)
A week ago we received a call from our zone leaders during our morning studies who wanted to give us a little training about diligence and sacrifices. They asked us to reflect on the things that we could change and do better and the little sacrifices we could make. That evening we recieved a call from our district leader telling us that president wanted us to fix the goal to have a baptism on Saturday. Some people might think that President Poznanski is crazy, but Soeur Alves and I were excited and said, "If we have faith and work our hardest, and if it's the will of the Lord, we will have a baptism this Saturday." We didn't have a baptism this weekend, however I'm not sad, because I know we did our best, and we were more diligent than we ever have been. Every time we had a few extra minutes or while we were traveling from one rendez-vous to another or when we had to go to Colmar for my legality (5 hour train ride there and a 5 hour train ride back) or traveling to and from Brussels for sister exchanges, we talked to people! We looked through our area book to find former investigators, and part member families who would be able to be baptised in one week. Through, prayer, fasting, diligence, and faith we truly did our best to have a baptism. Although we did not have a baptism, we have progessed so much and have many more potential investigators and two new investigators. Throughout my mission I have only once fixed the goal to have a baptism when I didn't already have an investigator with a baptismal date. President Poznanski has really emphasized faith lately and I realised that zero is not a goal and it definitely does not show our hope, faith and desires. We found out at the end of the week why President Poznanski gave this challenge to all of the missionaries. There was not one baptism scheduled for this last weekend, and President felt that we could not have a weekend without baptisms. We ended up having 5 in the mission! Almost all of our key indicators (statistics) as a mission increased this week.
Soeur Alves and I had many little miracles all throughout the week. For example, we found Veronique! On Tuesday we were moving like crazy, because we only had until 3 o'clock before we had to take our train to Colmar and I turned to Soeur Alves and asked if it was worth it to try and pass by Veronique's (we had not had contact with her in over a month). Soeur Alves felt that we should and after getting off the metro and heading to her apartment there was an old Muslim couple that needed help getting back to the metro. We helped them find their way and quickly turned back to go to Veronique's. We saw a woman in the distance and both of us said, "Let's contact this lately". As we got closer I recognised her and said, "Veronique!" She, and we were so excited to see each other. We found out that she had been in Italy because her grandfather passed away. Now she is home and still wants to get baptised and no longer has a job for the moment but is supposed to talk with her boss, so we reminded her to tell him that she can't work on Sundays. She promised us she would. I know that the Lord blesses us when we are obedient and when we have faith and follow the spirit. I love this work! I hate thinking about the fact that it's coming to an end, but I will work hard until the last moment and I will continue to be a missionary for the rest of my life! I love you all!

Bisous, Soeur Reeves

No comments:

Post a Comment