3 Nephi 5:13

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." - 3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, June 18, 2012

week 69 - the Spirit testifies of truth

Bonjour à tous!

Happy Father's day yesterday dad! Thank you for being such a wonderful father! and Happy Birthday tomorrow! and happy wedding anniversary mom and dad on the 22nd as well as Happy Birthday to Jon!
I have one more week in Villeneuve D'Ascq! and it's going to be wonderful! I would suggest to not write any more letters unless you send them today. Otherwise I might not get them.
We had a great week, for the few lessons we had they were amazing and full of the spirit! A former investigator, Henriette, who we had stopped seeing, because she would never fix rendez-vous ran into us at the bus stop a couple of weeks ago and said, "It's been so long since you've come over, when can I see you again?" We immediately fixed a RDV and went over on Tuesday night. At the beginning Soeur Alves got to know her and when we prayed we asked if she had any family members or friends that we could pray for and she was very touched by that. We re-taught the restoration and focused on the importance of authority. This time she understood really well, to the point that she re-explained to us. When we bore testimony of the first vision and the Book of Mormon it was simple, but the spirit was so strong. Henriette had a smile on her face and told us that's what she had been searching for. She told us that she would start reading the Book of Mormon that night. We then gave her the soft invite to baptism, for those of you who don't know what that is, we ask them if they will be baptised when they know that these things are true. She said yes without hesitation. I was shocked! She has had such a change of heart! She reacted so differently the last time that Soeur Edgerly and I went. Whether it was because the Lord had prepared her through his spirit, or because she was touched by our testimonies, either way I know that it was the spirit working through us. After our lesson I turned to Soeur Alves and said, "It is especially after moments like this that I don't want my mission to end." I love being a servant of the Lord and doing his work. I love you all so much!

Bisous, Soeur Reeves

No comments:

Post a Comment