3 Nephi 5:13

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." - 3 Nephi 5:13

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Week 7

Bonjour ma famille!

All is going well! So for little miracle stories this week. We got to teach Hernel Kouton at the visitor's center. I met him on the train and he asked if he could have my Book of Mormon! I got his number and set up a rendez-vous. When he got there he said, "Ok I have to be honest, I have some questions about the begining of your church. I asked him where he had looked and he said Wikipedia so he said, "I know now I'm trapped because that's not a totally liable source." He then said that he read about Joseph Smith seeing God, and I replied, "Yes he did." He then asked about him seeking and angel and translating the Book of Mormon. I told him, "Yes that happened too." After teaching him the first lesson I told him he couldn't know for sure though unless he read the Book of Mormon for himself. The lesson went really well and I know that he felt the spirit. He said that he's going to read it and we are going to teach him again once he get's back into town in 2 weeks.
We have another new amie, Michelle, from Florida but her parents now live in Spain and she is here as a Nanny. She is leaving in a few weeks though :(, but she has a lot of Mormon friends back in Spain and hopefully she will continue to meet with the missionaries there. She has been homesick here though and has been having a hard time with the family she works for and last Sunday she lost her keys to the house. She was supposed to come to General Conference but because of that she didn't come, but I told her we would pray for her and hope that she found the keys. Soeur Larsen and I immediately found a spare room in the church and knelt down and said a prayer because everything seems to keep going wrong for Michelle and we didn't want her to have to replace the keys (if she didn't find them the mother was going to make her pay for a replacement of all of the locks and keys). On Monday we called her to see how she was doing and she said, "I meant to call you!" When she got home on Sunday she said that the mother walked in and put some keys and the table and then walked out. Michelle ran over to check and it was her set of keys! She said she ran up to her room and fell asleep from exhaustion after looking for the keys all day. After that nothing more was said by the mother on the subject of her keys. I told Michelle that it was definitely an answer to prayer and it was not coincidence. Perhaps she would have eventually found the keys, but I know that because of our faith and prayer the keys were there as soon as she returned home.
We've had the opportunity to teach the first lesson other times during this week and I love it! My testimony grows stronger every time I tell people about Joseph Smith's first vision and also about Jesus Christ and that he lives and loves us.
We had exchanges again this week. Soeur Larsen went to Paris with Soeur Jorgenson and Soeur Rowley came and stayed with me in Versailles. She's such a great missionary and so friendly to people. If she says hi to someone she stops and contacts them, she doesn't just keep walking. I need to get better at that. We're often in a rush so I never stop to talk to people after saying hi. But in D&C the Lord said,
61:3 "But verily I say unto you, that it is not needful for this whole company of mine elders to be moving swiftly upon the waters, whilst the inhabitants on either side are perishing in unbelief." Hopefully I can apply all that I learned from her.
I have to go, but I love you all!

Love, Soeur Valerie Reeves

P.S. dear family (my brothers and sisters) You are allowed to email me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment