3 Nephi 5:13

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." - 3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, July 11, 2011

Week 20 - 1/3 of the way!

I can't believe that as of tomorrow I will have been on my mission for 6 months! The time passes too quickly! Jessica I was sorry to hear about your appendix inflaming and your surgery; and now that you're back in the hospital I hope everything will be okay! Know that I am praying for you! I'm glad mom can come and help you out.
By the way the only person who sent me their address was Carrie, it would be nice if I could have all of yours, so if you have the time... Thanks :D
Allyson that's so exciting that you're going to Jerusalem and that Jaclyn will be there too! I'm very excited for you, what a great experience that will be! I remember Julie coming back and giving all of us our little purses she bought while she was there. That's fun Ryan that you get to go out contacting in Madrid, it's true that a lot of people won't listen, but it's partly a culture thing. I realized when I would go contacting with the sisters in Riverside people would at least listen to what we had to say and then tell us whether or not they're interested. Here if they don't want to talk to you they won't listen, but that's okay, because you can be sure that those who are ready and are interested will listen to you. (I don't know if its the same case in Spain, but here in France there are a ton of Jehovah's witnesses, so almost half the people we contact think that that's what we are).
We had sister exchanges this last week. Soeur De Santis went up to Caen with Soeur Edgerly and Soeur Woodward came down to Nogent with me. She is such a great missionary, so sweet and wants to put her all into the work. She got her 2 transfers ago so she's still nervous with her French, but when we went to teach Kamla I had Soeur Woodward speak more than she thought she could. We taught about fasting and soeur Woodward wanted to share the story of Alma the younger and how he had changed because of all of the prayers and fasting of the people. She started then kept looking at me like she was waiting for me to take over, but I kept my mouth shut and let her keep talking. It was simple and short, but she did a good job, and it's actually best to teach that way with Kamla, because she learns slower.
Kamla's baptism is coming up this Saturday! She was supposed to have her interview Saturday but called us that morning and said her foot was swollen so she couldn't come to the church and she was going to go see the doctor. She said she would call us back, and she never did so we called her multiple times but she never answered. We were worried, because at the end of last transfer she got sick and disappeared for two weeks. We decided to go by her place and see if she was there. We said a prayer asking Heavenly Father to at least help us get ahold of her; there was no answer when we knocked on her door and we waited for about 5 minutes. Just when we were about to leave she came out of the elevator! We were very grateful that we had been there just at that moment. Thankfully her foot got better quickly (we told her she needed to put ice on it, because she had been out walking around thinking that would help the swelling and pain), she came to church yesterday and had her interview yesterday evening and it looks like everything will work out.
We got a referral last week from the church; a girl named Emily who speaks English requested a Book of Mormon. We called but the phone number doesn't work, so we tried going by her place but there's a code to get it and no one was there; so, I sent her a letter on Saturday telling her who we were and that we have a Book of Mormon for her and I gave her our information. Hopefully we will get a call from her this week... or we will try going by her place again and pray that someone opens the door.
I'm grateful that I have this opportunity to be a missionary and do the Lord's work, helping build his kingdom here on earth. I'm grateful for all of you and love you soooooooo much!

Bisous, Soeur Reeves

P.S. If you look of lds.org there is an article about the mission president's seminar and if you look at the photo gallery there is a picture of President and Soeur Poznanski as well as Uncle Robert and Aunt Janet talking to Elder Nelson, I think (although whoever took the picture titled them as President and Sister Andersen).

No comments:

Post a Comment