3 Nephi 5:13

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." - 3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, July 18, 2011

Week 21

Well, first things first... we have transfers on Wednesday and all I can say is that I am humbled and excited and I hope that I will be a good example to my companion. I'm training!!! Soeur De Santis is going to Luxembourg, since it is now in our mission. My former companions, Soeur Larsen and Soeur Murray are also training. We have 5 new soeurs coming into the mission and two are francophone, so we will see. I of course do not know yet who my companion is since President Poznanski decides where they are going after he interviews them, but Soeur De Santis and I are meeting all of the new soeurs tomorrow to go contacting with them in Paris. When new missionaries arrive the very first thing they do after meeting the mission President at the airport is go straight to Paris with a Book of Mormon and do contacting. That will be fun, I remember my first time contacting in Paris, ha, I was so nervous, I probably only talked to two people and was short of breath as my heart was pounding, and I'm not sure they even understood what I was saying.
As far as our missionary work, Kamla got baptized on Saturday! She was just glowing afterward and couldn't stop smiling. It was actually kind of funny, because frère Leconte who baptized her is really tall so he had to bend down to get her into the water and fell in with her! The bishop joked that two people were baptized. I'm so grateful that I got to help teach Kamla and will continue to teach her as she learns more about the gospel of Jesus Christ. "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." 3 Nephi 5:13
We've been declaring his word among many people and have gotten lots of numbers, but the work has been kind of slow lately, I'm hoping that as we call our potential investigators this week we can get some rendez-vous, but I know that if we are diligent we will find those who are prepared.
On Thursday I was sitting at the computer at the visitor's center looking at the geneaology site, when I heard, "Sister Reeves?" I turned around and who was there? Rachel Miles! I covered my mouth with my hand as I gasped and sat there for about a minute in shock! I knew she was here in Paris, but I didn't think I would have the chance to see her! I then jumped up and gave her a hug, it was so exciting to see her! Weird too; I felt like I was in a dream. I was excited to introduce her to Soeur De Santis, who lives in the Rome mission, so I told her she will have to go on exchanges with Rachel when she is there. We only had about 15 minutes to talk, and she asked me how the mission was and what it's like to be a missionary, but I didn't know where to start. I would start talking about one thing, but then I would say, "oh but you're going to love this and that..." It was kind of a mixed up conversation, but it was still fun to talk to her. I know that she's going to be an amazing missionary!
I love you all and I'm praying hard for Jessica and for each of you every day! Happy Birthday by the way to Caden!

Bisous, Soeur Reeves

No comments:

Post a Comment