3 Nephi 5:13

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." - 3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, July 25, 2011

Week 22 - Training

Bonjour ma famille!

I love Soeur Carter! She is my new companion and is so kind and sweet and I love working with her! She is the oldest of 4 children and is from Highland, Utah. She has such a strong testimony of the Savior and his Atonement. She has such a desire to learn French, so we speak it everytime we are outside of our apartment! That's amazing for a new missionary, because I know all of the other American missionaries speak in English all of the time, unless they are speaking to a French person. I was so excited when she told me that was her goal, because I loved getting in the habit of speaking French all of the time with Soeur De Santis. Her French skills will definitely come a lot faster than mine did as result of this. Ryan I did meet Soeur Martin and Soeur Emilcy! They are adorable and they were so excited to meet me and tell me that they know you. Soeur Martin showed me her picture with you; you look like a missionary! and you look older and taller. They both laughed as they imitated how you walk with your broad shoulders; they said that you remind them of Rocky the boxer. They also told me what an awesome district leader you were.
Well, sad news I had a bad cold when soeur Carter got here, we were able to go teach a lesson that night, but then Thursday I had to sleep almost all day. I'm feeling a lot better now, only thing is that I passed it to Soeur Carter! Isn't that horrible, it's her first week here, but she's so good at putting up with it. We got 2 new amis last week! Claire and Rolland. Claire met the Chinese Elders on the metro and then they passed her phone number to us, since she lives in our area. She is from Gabon and has 4 children, but her oldest daughter passed away last year, so we talked a little about the atonement and how through Christ we will all overcome death. We gave her a Book of Mormon and she's excited to start reading it. We're planning on teaching her the Plan of Salvation tomorrow. Rolland met with the sister missionaries about 2 years ago, but quit taking the lessons after they were transfered. Hopefully as we start teaching him he will feel the spirit and realize the importance of the gospel, and not just want to talk with us (we're going to try and pass him to the Elders), but it was a good lesson.
Mom that story was so awesome about the 3 contacts you made when you were in New York, I love your example. Even before you and dad served in Riverside, you were always an amazing missionary!
I'm so grateful that everything is solved for Jessica and I'm grateful you're on the uphill now! I love you! Continue to feel better!

Bisous à tous!
Soeur Reeves

No comments:

Post a Comment