3 Nephi 5:13

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." - 3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, October 10, 2011

Week 33

Bonjour ma chère famille!

Jon and Leah you're moving to Australia?!  That's crazy!  How exciting!  I hope I can come visit you in the future!  Thank you Allyson for your letter! 
Ryan, I never get your emails . 
Well for my news... I have been transferred to Colmar!  It's really close to the border of Germany and the "Black Forest."  All of the members and missionaries that know it have told me that it is the most beautiful town in all of France, especially at Christmas.  I've also heard that it's freezing there right now too, but thankfully I've already pulled out my winter coat because it was freezing here in Nogent this weekend.  I'm excited for my new companion, Soeur Creager.  I went on exchanges with her last transfer and she was Soeur Carter's companion in the MTC.  She is very sweet and a very devoted missionary.  She is from Morgan, Utah, but about half of her family lives in Australia, so she goes all of the time.  Maybe you will meet her family Jon and Leah.  Other exciting news of this transfer... Soeur Carter is training!  You should have seen the look on her face when the assistants called her on Friday.  Her response was, "What!?  I'm too young to train!"  She was in shock for about 20 minutes.  However the assistants explained that it's not the missionaries who have been out the longest who train, but the Lord calls us when he needs us at that time.  I think all missionaries are capable of training, but we are needed for that specific companion.  I know that Soeur Carter will be amazing!!!!  I'm so excited for her and I know she will grow with her companion.  She did ask me however to ask you to pray for her, she was very nervous and stressed this weekend, but she's doing a lot better today and is actually excited.
I'm very excited to go to Colmar, because Soeur Creager because we are going to do a whitewash.  For those of you who don't know what that means, they take the old missionaries out and put two brand new missionaries in.  They're actually whitewashing a lot of areas this transfer and there are no more sisters in Paris!  Only Elders.  I was told that missionaries in the past had a bad attitude about Colmar and say that it's a hard area and success doesn't exist there.  However, President and Soeur Poznanski have been focusing on knocking the walls down, "cassez les murs"  because almost every missionary before coming here hears from others, "Oh how exciting that you're going to France, it's so beautiful there, there's so much history and you'll get to see so many great things.  But you'll probably only baptize one person during your mission."  NOT TRUE!  If you come in with that attitude, then, Yes, you will only baptize one person.  If you come with the faith that the Lord has called you on your mission to find, invite and baptize those who are prepared to hear the gospel then you will.  Of course success isn't measured by your numbers, it's by your diligence and obedience, and if you are diligent and obedient then the Lord will lead you to those who are prepared.  This morning in my scripture study I read in 1 Nephi 15 and then Deuteronomy 4 and both chapters said the same thing, at least to me.  Nephi talked to his brothers about knowing the things of the Lord, and the fact that you can't know unless you ask, and if you ask in faith then he will respond, but you need to keep the commandments. "Do ye not remember the things which the Lord hath said?—If ye will not harden your hearts, and aask me in bfaith, believing that ye shall receive, with diligence in keeping my commandments, surely these things shall be made known unto you."  In Deuteronomy Moses talked to the children of Israel about keeping the commandments and being diligent and remembering that God is a merciful God if he will ask him.  Don't be like Laman and Lemuel who would never invoque the Lord . 
I know that Soeur Creager and I can invoque the Lord and ask him what it is he wants us to accomplish in Colmar and if we are diligent in keeping the commandments we will see MIRACLES!  It will no longer be the ville with no success.
As for the work here, we had a great week!  Especially with Daphné.  I think another Claire has fallen into our hands.  Daphné loved church and the members and Claire was such a great missionary, she and Daphné became friends immediatley!  We taught Daphné the first lesson and when she heard Joseph Smith's vision, she said "Oh, it's by the grace of God."  She is very excited to read the Book of Mormon as well.  She told us she hadn't been to church in over 8 months because there were none that she agreed with, so she would pray and read at home with her son (I think his name is Elijah).  She loved conference and said that all of our leaders were so humble and she could tell they were real servants of God.  I'm very excited for Soeur Carter and her new companion to continue with Daphné. 
I'm going to miss Nogent so much, I have loved it here, but I know the Lord has a work for Soeur Creager and I to do in Colmar.

Love you all!
Bisous, Soeur Reeves

No comments:

Post a Comment