3 Nephi 5:13

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." - 3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, October 24, 2011

Week 35 - Colmar


Bon voyage!  (to Mom and Dad and Greg and Brittany and whoever else might be traveling at this time)

I'm excited for you mom and dad that will be such a fun trip!  Congratulations to Lesley and Alana!  I'm so excited that they're both getting married!  That's crazy that Evan is already done with his mission, you'll have to tell him hi for me Dad.  I love that you ran into President Staheli at the temple and that you got to do sealings for people from France.  Question for Jon and Leah.  Did you go to Colmar when you went to Germany and France for Christmas?  I saw the picture of you in the family caldendar and one of them looks just like Colmar.  You'll have to let me know.
This week was a little crazy with having to update the area book and figure out where everything and everyone is, but we will start to see the fruits of our labors.  Yesterday we did some pass bys and passed by a family that our Branch President had asked us to.  We parked the car and started to walk down the street and saw a woman walking her dog, so we asked her if she knew where number 10 was and she turned and pointed to the house right next to us.  She then said, "Do you want to come in?"  We were surprised so then we told her, "We're missionaries for the church of Jesus-Christ of Latter-day Saints.  We're looking for the Fehlmann family."  She laughed and said, "Yes, I know, I saw your plaques.  I'm Soeur Felmann."  It was crazy that we ran into her as soon as we got there and we hadn't even checked the addresses.  She was so nice to us.  We went in and met her husband and daughter Rebecca (who looks just like Rebecca Trupp!  and she's half German!)  It's been great to go around and meet all of the members and they're excited to work with us.  We've challenged each of them to think of friends or family that they can invite to church or have family home evening with.  They're excited to start praying and looking.  I know that through working with the members we will find many who are prepared and they will automatically have a support system.
Soeur Creager and I had the opportunity to speak in Sacrament meeting yesterday and both talked about ways the members can be good missionaries as well coming unto Christ themselves.  I know that when we come to understand the Atonement of Jesus Christ and grow closer to him our desire to share the gospel with other grows. 

Bisous,
Soeur Reeves

No comments:

Post a Comment