3 Nephi 5:13

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." - 3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, May 14, 2012

week 64 - the Language of Music

Ma chère famille,

It was so fun talking to Mom and Dad, Ryan, Allyson, Julie, Jaclyn and Kristen, Uncle Stan and Aunt Lou yesterday! Mom I think I forgot to tell you Happy Mother's Day! Thank you for being the most wonderful and amazing mother in the world! Congratulations to Jeff, I'm glad many of you were able to be together for that (I'd love to see some pictures). Congratulations Jaclyn! I loved seeing your ring (I'm expecting some pictures from you too). Happy Birthday to Julie, Audrey, and Natalie (got it right this time!) this week! I can't believe you're going to be a teenager Audrey!
Last Monday we had finished everything we needed to on P-day and on time, so we felt great, but then after we left our rendez-vous that evening we saw that we were going to get home late, so we called our district leader to let him know and we hurried to make it to the next bus. The metro arrived at our stop and as I exited, who was on the other side of the door to get on? Alexandre! He quickly stepped back onto the platform and walked out with us. I was so excited to see him again! It's been weeks, and we had tried calling him again about a month ago, but he wouldn't ever answer, then I got an email from Mike letting me know that his girls were still praying for Alexandre and his wife so I called him the next day. This time he answered and he said that he wants to see us, but his wife is still against him taking the lessons. When we ran into him, we and he knew that it wasn't coincidence. He said he's been trying to think of a solution, so we told him we'll keep praying for him and we invited him and his wife to the BYU concert on Saturday. Sadly they didn't come, but I not it was not an accident that we ran into him, and it makes me think of Isabelle with her dad and the fact that she wouldn't get baptised because of him, but the Lord softened his heart and when he met the sister missionaries he was very happy to fix a rendez-vous. Thank you Mike and your daughters for your prayers. Even if it's not while I'm here that his wife's heart is softened I know that one day she will change.
The BYU concert that we had on Saturday was the wind symphony and Jacqueline came with frère and soeur Derone (our ward mission leader and wife). She also brought Kévin her little neighbor who's like a grandson to her. Kévin was present at our last RDV with Jacqueline and Sary. When frère Derone saw Kévin with Jacqueline he invited him to come with them to the concert. He's only 15, but as long as he's with Jacqueline his mom lets him do anything with her. Frère Derone said that he feels like Kévin will be the key to Jacqueline and Sary getting baptised. During the concert the symphony played "A poor wayfaring man of grief" and then they sang a hymn at the end and Soeur Derone said that during both songs Kévin had tears rolling down his cheeks. He told frère Derone that he felt really good while he was in the church and wants to come to our service sometime. They're going to talk with his mom and hopefully he will be coming next Sunday. It was funny when Kévin told frère Derone that he wanted to come to church he looked and Jacqueline and said, "If I go you have to come with me." Sometimes it's children that help bring others into the church. When we were at the concert I also thought about the fact that music is a universal language. Everyone in the world understands and can be touched by music; there is a special spirit that comes with it and I'm grateful that the music that the BYU symphony played touched Kévin.
I love you all! I know this gospel is true and that we are part of the church of Jesus Christ here on the earth today. I hope you all have a wonderful week. A là prochain!

Bisous, Soeur Reeves

No comments:

Post a Comment