3 Nephi 5:13

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." - 3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, May 7, 2012

week 63 - open your mouth

Bonjour ma famille!

Guess what St. Dié finally has a companionship serving their full-time! I'm so grateful that the members there started to realise that they needed to do their part too, because it's not missionaries who should do all of the finding. I know the Elders their can help save the branch before all of those members die. (All of the active members are pretty old). Sad news, I no longer have a camera to use. Well, I still have a camera, but I don't know why it went crazy on me, same problem as my first camera. Like I said last time, thank goodness for companions and thankfully mom and dad are picking me up so I can take some more pictures with you.
I know I've mentioned before but something I would probably never do back home, is run after a bus in a skirt. I think last week we ran after one every day! They're so nice to stop and I'm pretty sure that all of the bus drivers on line 41 now know who we are, because we're probably the only two girls walking around in skirts, carrying scriptures, that run after their buses. (Unless the Jehovah's Witnesses do it to ;) Jk don't add that to the blog).
We had a good week although none of our investigators came to church :(. We're trying to work on that this week and help our amis understand the importance of the sabbath day and coming to church if they want to be converted. They main thing we're going to focus on this week is contacting and finding new investigators and I was so inspired yesterday at church. Three different members bore their testimonies and shared their experiences of giving out a Book of Mormon (yeah! they kept their commitments!). Each shared the fact that they started by praying and asking Heavenly Father to help them know who to give it to. One sister gave one to a man on the metro, another to a friend and another who felt like she should give it to a client at work ended up giving it to someone else when the opportunity came. I'm so grateful for their example of praying and when the Lord put the person in their path they gave them the Book of Mormon.
Rosita is doing well and is back from the hospital, but sisters are now coming to the Lille ward, so we're going to have to pass her, but I'm grateful that we can give them and investigator since they're doing a whitewash. I know how difficult those are. I just have time to share a little experience about a few weeks ago. There was a strike (you know France and its national sport of strikes) so there were no buses this day. It was a Monday and thankfully a member was able to drop us off to do our emails. We took the metro on our way back, but because there were when we got to the station there were no buses. A girl came up and asked us when the next bus was coming and we told her there weren't any. She walked one way and we went another. We weren't very happy to walk for 30 minutes and there weren't many people out to talk to along the way. After about 15 to 20 minutes the same girl came walking up behind us and asked if we wanted a ride. I was shocked! That doesn't happen often here in France. We told her sure and her dad showed up in about one minute to pick us up. It was only about a two minute drive from there to our apartment so we didn't have much time to talk with them, but we were able to give Vincenne (the girl) and her dad (Christophe) a card and told them it had our number and the address of the church and of course we wrote a big MERCI! on the card. They haven't called us, and I don't know if they've looked up the church website or if something will happen in the future, but I know that little miralces and experiences like that don't happen by accident and we need to take advantage of every oppurtunity Heavenly Father gives us, even if it's just for a couple of minutes. I hope to have many more little experiences like that before I come home.

Bisous, Soeur Reeves

No comments:

Post a Comment