3 Nephi 5:13

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." - 3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, April 30, 2012

week 62 - obedience

Salut!

Sorry I missed Nathalie's birthday! So Happy Birthday Natters! even though it was a couple weeks ago. I can't believe she's 2 now! I remember I held her in my arms for who knows how long, because it was the last time I could hold a baby until I got home from my mission.
Anyway... We had a good week. We got to do exchanges. I went to Evry with Soeur Rowley, this is the third exchange I've done with her, and Soeur Alves stayed here with Soeur Ingraham. It was great, I learn so much every time! Soeur Rowley and I have always wanted to serve together, but at least we got to do exchanges 3 different times throughout the mission, she goes home next week. Soeur Alves gave Jacqueline and Sary the baptismal invite, and they both got nervous and said that the other should do it first and then they would. They're such a funny couple. We're worried they're not married, but the bishop was excited and said he would love to have the ward put on a wedding. I love the members here, they're so fun and kind and always want to help.
On Sunday the Elders' recent convert, Cedrick, blessed the sacrament. It was so great seeing him in a suit and he looked so humble. Even though we haven't worked with or taught Cedrick, I've gotten to see him progress from when the Elders started teaching him to now and it's been so neat. I didn't get to have the blessing of seeing Shazi receive the priesthood, so it was neat to see Cedrick. He bore the most powerful testismony at his baptism, and I thought, "now that is someone who is not only getting baptised, but has been truly converted."
This last week when Soeur Alves and I did our weekly planning we talked about things we could do better to work on being obedient. It was really small, simple things, that some people might think don't matter, but I've seen in my mission that it does matter, so we made some goals of how we could fix those little rules that we were not keeping. I have never felt my burden become so light. I didn't really notice that I had one, but I when I took the sacrament yesterday I felt so clean and I felt like nothing can prevent us from having success. It's really not about the success though, I told Soeur Alves that I wanted to change these things for the sake of our amis. I know that if I'm not doing all I can to keep all of the commandments and mission rules, I should not expect our investigators to progress and respect their commitments. In relief society a scripture was read. Jeremiah 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. It reminded me of a scripture that Evan shared with me Jeremiah 7:23 and how it changed his mission (hope he doesn't mind me sharing). But it's true that once we make the Lord's will our will, everything changes, especially our outlook on everthing, and our priorities. I'm excited to finish these last couple of months here in my mission and to do all of it for the Lord and help others come unto Christ.

Bisous, Soeur Reeves

P.S. I'm excited to talk to you in a couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment