3 Nephi 5:13

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." - 3 Nephi 5:13

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

week 49 - progressing amis

Salut!

Joyeux anniversaire à Sadie and Jen on Friday and Leah on Sunday! Sorry I forgot to tell you Shazi's baptismal date, he's getting baptised on the 11th and all is going well.
Sorry this is going to be another short email. Laura, an 8 year old girl in our Branch got baptised yesterday. Shazi loved it! Afterward he was just smiling and I said, "that's going to be you in 2 weeks." He just smiled and knodded his head. Every day we see him he looks more and more happy, especially from when we first met him. Osas started reading the Book of Mormon and his mom even read with him! Which was a shock because she studied with the Jehovah's Witnesses for about 6 years. He said that he and his mom agreed that the Book of Mormon is of God. He also brought one of his friends to our rendez-vous. We taught them the restoration and then we invited them to be baptised once they have received an answer that the Book of Mormon is true. They were both silent for a little bit, so we again said, "If it's true, will you be baptised by someone who holds the priesthood authority?" They both said, "Yes"! and then Osas said, "Of course I believe it's true, I wouldn't have brought my friend if it wasn't. Isabelle has continued reading the Book of Mormon! We really prayed to know what to teach her though since she's still stuck on her promise with her dad. We felt really inspired to teach her about the temple and eternal families. It was a great lesson and she wants to start doing her family history!
That's my little update for the week. Sorry I'll try to write more next week and hopefully send pictures (we'll see if I keep that promise ha!) I love you all and I love this work and I love finding people the Lord has prepared to receive his gospel.

Bisous, Soeur Reeves

No comments:

Post a Comment