3 Nephi 5:13

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." - 3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, February 27, 2012

week 53 - referrals

Ma Chère famille,

Happy Birthday to Greg and Connor this coming Friday! Congratulations Megan with your baptism! I'm so proud of you! You're just making the first step in coming unto Christ. Remember that you have the gift of the Holy Ghost now and he can guide you each day as you make good choices and repent if you ever do anything wrong.
It was a good week, except for the fact that I have had a cold all week. That's okay though, because we still found some new investigators. As for Stephanie, we still haven't seen her... we finally got a hold of her and I guess she didn't have the courage to tell us how she really feels. We found out from our DMP that she doesn't want contact with the church anymore. We were pretty disappointed because we have no idea what has happened or gone wrong; she even told Soeur Edgerly and Soeur Johnson that she had prayed and she new the Book of Mormon was true. The members who are good friends of hers are going to visit her and hopefully find out what's going on. Hopefully I'll get to meet her some day and she will have a desire to actually go through with her baptism. I talked with a man on the metro the other night though and he wants us to come and teach his family! His name is Alexandre, and he's from Africa. I said hi to him and then he looked at me and asked, "Don't you usually travel in two?" I told him that my companion was sitting a little further down (we try to sit separately so that we actually talk to other people and contact them) and then I asked how he knew the church. He was taught once by the missionaries about 3 years ago. We had a great conversation and then he said, "I'll give you my number and address and then you and your companion can come over and teach me and my wife and children." Yeah!!! I didn't even have to ask for his number! We'll hopefully be seeing them tomorrow night.
We started teaching a couple this last week! Jacqueline and Sari. She is French and he is Cambodian. They are the neighbors of our DMP and were referred by his wife. We had a great RDV and Jacqueline said she wants to know the truth, because right now she has no beliefs. Sari actually met the missionaries 30 years ago and has a Book of Mormon and even went to a general conference. We thanked brother and sister Derone for the referral and they thanked us saying they wouldn't have even thought about it had we not asked. So, rather than waiting for the missionaries to ask you for referrals I encourage each of you to pray and think about a friend that you can invite to meet with the missionaries. It doesn't matter what their reaction is, because we'll never know if we don't ask.
I love being a missionary! and I know we will see more fruit and blossoms both litterally and spiritually as we continue in this transfer. Thank you all for your love, support and prayers!

Love, Soeur Reeves

No comments:

Post a Comment